Saturday, February 24, 2007

conservareality

You sometimes have to admire the Christian Right's balls-out battle with reality, don't you? Example: Conservapedia, the conservative response to Wikipedia. It's kind of cute that these people consider Wikipedia's threat to literal bible interpretation to be so great that it warrants an online truthy-pedia rebuttal.

The Conservapedia even has its own commandments: "When referencing dates based on the approximate birth of Jesus, give appropriate credit for the basis of the date (B.C. or A.D.). "BCE" and "CE" are unacceptable substitutes because they deny the historical basis."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you find this? Googling...well, crap. I don't know what I'd google to find that.

Kelly said...

Ha, you beat me to posting about this! I just heard of it the other day. (Someone posted about it on a message board I read.)

Deborah said...

Google, schmoogle. I get all my current events news from Wonkette.