Oh Happy Snow Day. The delicious moving image I have of a certain Van Damme I will have to email to folks. The squirrel agreed to take his place on the blog.
BTW: I had a squirrel take a Dunkin' Donut out of my hand on the Chicago Loyola campus, run about five feet away, and sit on his hind legs to devour it. I swear he was smiling.
Chicago squirrels are feisty and fearless little fuckers. And they DO smile when they steal. I was, on two separate occassions in two parks, surrounded by squirrels that thought the bright frisbee in my hand was food. The scariest occassion I've ever had with them (and I love love love them) was at the Lincoln Park Zoo with friends in from the West Coast. The pack of squirrels had furs that were patchy and disease/parasite-ridden and they literally chased us along the fence and coming so close I could have bumped them with my feet without moving too much. When they realized we weren't giving any food, they quickly spotted a group of young women and ran several yards to them. The pack surprised the women and they screamed. No blood was shed, thank goodness.
2 comments:
*squeals like a little girl*
Squirrel! With a peanut butter cup!
EEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!
BTW: I had a squirrel take a Dunkin' Donut out of my hand on the Chicago Loyola campus, run about five feet away, and sit on his hind legs to devour it. I swear he was smiling.
Chicago squirrels are feisty and fearless little fuckers. And they DO smile when they steal. I was, on two separate occassions in two parks, surrounded by squirrels that thought the bright frisbee in my hand was food. The scariest occassion I've ever had with them (and I love love love them) was at the Lincoln Park Zoo with friends in from the West Coast. The pack of squirrels had furs that were patchy and disease/parasite-ridden and they literally chased us along the fence and coming so close I could have bumped them with my feet without moving too much. When they realized we weren't giving any food, they quickly spotted a group of young women and ran several yards to them. The pack surprised the women and they screamed. No blood was shed, thank goodness.
Post a Comment